Theories of the Policy Process Classroom ResourcesInstructor and Student Materials for Theories of the Policy Process , 4th Edition
These resources are designed to enhance the content of Theories of the Policy Process in order to help instructors plan for their courses, and better engage students. If you have any suggestions on how to improve the book or the online resources, please contact Westview Press at email@example.com.
Chapter 4: Democratic Policy Design: Social Construction of
Target Populations by Anne L. Schneider, Helen Ingram, and Peter Deleon from the previous edition
Download (PDF, 2MB) Please note large file size when downloading
A Transition Guide and PowerPoint slides containing art from the book will also be avaialable for Fall 2017 classes.
Chapter Two: Punctuated Equilibrium Theory
- Comparative Agendas Project (comparativeagendas.net): A collection of data and information on the policy processes of governments around the world.
- The Congressional Bills Project (congressionalbills.org): A database of congressional bills introduced in the US House and Senate since 1947
- European Union Policy Agendas Project (www.policyagendas.eu): An international collaboration between researchers interested in the policy agendas and policy issues in the European Union and related institutions.
Chapter Six: The IAD Framework and the SES Framework
- SES Library on the Governance of Socio-Ecological Systems (seslibrary.asu.edu): A library of descriptions of social-ecological systems (SES) and coupled infrastructure systems (CIS) from around the world.
- International Forestry Resources and Institutions (www.ifriresearch.net): A research network that examines how governance affect forests and the people who depend on them.